Google

Thursday, March 03, 2005

Bend Over and Say "Ahhhhhh"

It's 25 and counting. No, this is not an age reference, it's an hours reference. It's how many I've been awake and at work. Not this week either, I mean continuously. The title of this post is the funniest line to come out of my late night of sleep deprivation. Matt said I had to beat him to it if I wanted to use it, so I did. I said it anyway, so I think I should use it.

Simply typing is a bit of a challenge. I have a very important customer coming in about an hour to review the work I've been up all night working on. I really need to be coherent. I don't think it's going to happen.

I've decided that under no circumstances should I be using a drill press at 5 AM. It's not a fun sound, and it's a good way to lose a liver, I mean finger. Last night was one of those nights where things were going so well, everything was working, then a huge problem would pop up. This procedure repeated itself, many, many times. More than I can count at this moment. Although at this moment, counting at all might be a challenge.

It was funny, last night about 4 or so, I was looking at the clock on the computer, and saw the date. It's my last day of being in my 20's. With that thought, and the total lack of sleep and stress, it almost brought a tear to my eye. Kinda kills me that my last day in my 20's is going to be spent working all night, then suffering through a design review, then crashing to get some sleep. Sounds more like the last night of high school doesn't it?

I just feel there is so much more I want to say and express about today, but I'm too tired to think straight, and the thoughts are more a jumble than normal. I wish I could write more. One day I'd like to come back and read this and remember this day.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

No, it doesn't sound like the last day of high school. It sounds like the last round of finals in college.

10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home