Google

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Random Thoughts From the Far Side

I've had this thought in my head about a post I've wanted to write. It was this much too mushy thought about the world my son is going to be born into. It's ran from end to end. I've thought of things as serious as war, disease, terrorist and like to simple things like name brands of cars that are out of existence before he's even born.

With the heavy thoughts of the first items, it seems silly to even think about the other things, but I think the other things are what make me feel older. One that comes to mind is Southtrust Bank. It was purchased a while back and now the name is pretty much gone. Well, that was bank I had in the small town I grew up in. That was bank I used when I first moved to Huntsville. Now, it will be that bank that doesn't even exist when the kid is born. His entire life will be lived without such things as Oldsmobile, Cingular, Bellsouth, or Southtrust. Just random thoughts, but I can already see the conversation years from that will really make me feel old.

Like I said, it was random scattered thoughts, much like a conversation with Paris Hilton, except I kept my top on.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home