Google

Monday, March 28, 2005

Day After Day

It's been one day after another, and I suppose it's always one day after a time. Sara and I returned yesterday from visiting my parents in Florida. My grandfather on my mothers side had a stroke last week. He's 87, those things happen. He's doing ok. He's doing well enough to check himself out of the hospital and go home against doctors orders. I said he was ok, not doing what is best for him. It's nice to know that apparently insanity runs in my family. Something to look forward to.

I'm yet again getting ready to go back out of town for work. I'm getting very tired of all the travel. It's really starting to get to me. I'm starting to debate that at times I might like a normal job where I show up, work, and go home. I think I might be willing to give that a try for a change. Recently I've started to feel more like a doctor on call than an engineer. I know I have to work, it does so help make the house payment, but at times, I think there has got to be an easier way.

So, with the grandfather being sick and work making me far to busy, I've had lots on my mind. I've been wanting to find some time to get some exercise. I'm sure it would make me feel better and help with my stress level, but I just haven't had the time or really felt like it. Funny hoe that works, I'd feel better if I got some exercise, but I don't feel like exercising. Talk about a catch 22.

Tonight was also bowling night. For the first time in a long time, we won all 4 games. That's a big thing. I did fairly well. A 492 series. I was hoping to break 500, but I guess that was not to be tonight.

I know there are some world shaping events that I would normally make comment on, but I'm a bit self absorbed as of late. I've been so busy that I feel like I've missed out on what's been going on in the real world. I think there was an earth quake today. I know the poor woman in Florida is still living, but other than that, not much. I'm usually good at being up on current events, but not recently. I had a college history teacher who used to ask every class "What's going on in the world today?" We would spend the first 10 minutes or so of history class talking about what was making history in the news that day. I think that was an interesting thing to do. It's interesting to think we are living history right now. I wonder how today's current events will be viewed by future generations. I'm certain things will make as much sense to them then, as they do to me now.

Hopefully, one day soon I'll be able to write something interesting, but I'll have to have some time first. That may be the greatest trick of all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home